Canna virus?

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by CharlieBot, Apr 19, 2015.

1. CharlieBot

CharlieBot Super Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,523
    I'm pretty sure this Durban has canna virus now it's leafed out. Can anyone confirm and advise?
    It's been in the same room as my seedlings, will they have caught it?:frown: image.jpg image.jpg

2. CharlieBot

CharlieBot Super Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,523
    • Like Like x 1
    • JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
      +48,983
      It's difficult to tell from a photo, ,your first photo looks OK but the second could well be the virus. I'd be inclined to quarantine your suspects for the time being. Hart canna have a good description of what to look for, sometimes it's not obvious:

http://www.canna-collection.org.uk/canna-virus.html

• Agree Agree x 2
      • joolz68

joolz68 Total Gardener

Ratings:
        +5,386
        Id say virused as the stripes have breaks in them but they are your 1st leaves :dunno: and ive not had stripe cannas,i think your seedlings could be ok,they say its spread by aphids so you may be lucky with them being in the house but like JWK suggested id quarentine asap x

• Like Like x 1