Cardmaking

Discussion in 'Members Hobbies' started by gillian62, May 5, 2007.

1. gillian62

gillian62 Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I have been making cards for about a year or so. I make a variety of different cards, 3d decoupage, silk flower arrangements. I have just started to use photographs of flowers/ shrubs and plants on the front of some of my cards - makes them really cheerful. It sort of combines the two hobbies together.

I now sell cards at my place of work, and also where my son works - this gives me a bit of money to spend on more cardmaking bits and pieces!!

I have also been asked to make special wedding cards, which is really exciting.

The only thing I struggle with is time, as I work full time, and find it hard to fit everything in - at least it keeps me out of mischief (or lack of energy to get up to any).

2. jjordie

jjordie ex-mod

Ratings:
    +206
    Sounds interesting Gillian - please post some pics so we can see your handywork. [​IMG]

3. Brandy

Brandy Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Gillian, I also make cards, first started by making them on the computer, then I joined a handmade card class, pleased to see you have an outlet, they sure seem to take over.

My most recent attempt are handbag's for the ladies and wallet's for the men in our family, much nicer to give cash or a cheque this way.

This week I've started making Christmas selections, good sellers around October time lol