CATERPILLARS!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Pests, Diseases and Cures' started by em, Aug 30, 2005.

1. em

em Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    aagh i am having nightmares about the flaming things..... been picking them of cabbages and broccoli and thought having got rid of all eggs i was safe to go away for weekend but, no i get back and they have been airlifted in from somewhere and total devestation... starting to dream of them can anybody help?? lol think i might just give up and leave the cabbages to them as they are so determined!

2. Daisies

Daisies Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,686
    Well, that's the organic way, I believe! Not my way, tho but. I'm afraid I blast the little blighters with a can of something horrid. It'll all be gone by the time you want to eat the veg. Other than that - picking them off is the next best thing I'm afraid!

[ 30. August 2005, 04:46 PM: Message edited by: michaelmasdaisy ]

3. SteveW

SteveW Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
  4. The hopeful gardener

The hopeful gardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I know the feeling em,the mealy bugs are defeated and the caterpillers move in and creep down in the centre of the veg,my dear small person put some under the mesh(used to protect the brocolli from her)before I noticed and taught her what the word squish meant.I refuse to be beaten by the little green********!Good luck to you and all other catter-killers.