1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Cauliflower seed recommendations please

Discussion in 'Edible Gardening' started by silu, Apr 21, 2018.

1. silu

silu gardening easy...hmmm

Ratings:
    +8,083
    For 2 years I was given F1 Cauliflower seed by a friend, who deals in seed but is not a gardener, and it produced really lovely Cauliflowers I was really rather proud of myself....what is that saying about pride before a fall:rolleyespink:. Anyway I failed miserably to take a note of the variety and friend didn't remember either so in the middle of last season I ran out of the F1 seed and bought ordinary cheepo seed from Van Meuven. Hmm well best said about that seed is it does germinate!The sowing l did last year resulted in very so so Cauliflowers despite being treat exactly the same as the F1. This years sowing look ready for the bin already.
    Before I am too late to try growing more can anyone recommend a good F1 Caulifower seed for me to try. I know bad workmen blame their tools but I do believe on this occasion it's not me to blame for the dreadful results from 2 sowings. I had some F1 Broccoli seed left over from last year and the resulting plants are doing really extremely well. Teach me to not make a note of which seed varieties are good and which aren't!:doh:

2. Vince

Vince Not so well known for it.

Retired
    Ratings:
    +3,499
    Not sure if they are any good yet silu but this year I'm growing Boris F1, germination rates have been excellent.

• Like Like x 1
    • JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
      +46,079
      I grow the variety 'All Year Round' - does OK down here silu.

• Like Like x 1