cd flap opens

Discussion in 'Computer Corner' started by paul walker, Jun 9, 2007.

1. paul walker

paul walker Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    you have normaly to push the button for eject to put a cd or dvd in, but now it keeps opening on its own, it opens as soon as you start up and you have to press the eject button a few times before it goes in, plus its taking longer for any-thing to show up on the monitor, the other day the wife was on the commy and forgot the flap was out and she caught the flap with her leg and its given her a nasty cut, the commy is still under warranty is it a warranty job that needs doing or could i solve the problem my self.

2. Sunshine P

Sunshine P Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Paul I am not computer literate but sounds to me like you should get someone in to take a look at it and with it still beening under warranty should cost nothing, lets see what others have to say though. It shouldnt be doing that, thats one thing I think I know. See what PCMedic says he should be able to tell you exactly what to do.

And I do hope your wifes leg is ok

3. miraflores

miraflores Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,389
    I am not suggesting any solution, but I just want to say that the problem with the monitor is likely to be connected to the cd tray.
    As the tray goes back and forth the computer does not know what is happening and may think that you are inserting a cd again and again.
    I expect that the problem can be as little as a spring out of place, but you better don't attempt to fix it if you haven't seen one before.
    Let us know the outcome!

4. PCMedic

PCMedic Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    i would recommend it going back under warranty.

sounds like a dodgy player.

Although i have come across it many a time, it could be a corrupt file in the registry, try a system restore to the point before it started happening, make sure you do a backup of your personal info first [​IMG]