Centre Draft Incinerator

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Chas_Bracken Edge, Mar 20, 2009.

1. Chas_Bracken Edge

Chas_Bracken Edge Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I have just received a Centre Draft Incinerator which is similar to those dustbin type ones but which has an opening in the bottom and a gap around the base. I was told it was great for burning wood but I don't know how you load it up - the similar type is easy it just has the small holes in the side but as I put the wood in it sometimes slides out of the gap.

It seems such a simple thing but it has me stumped (no pun intended) - and I was a science teacher!

Thanks for help.

:help::help::help::help:

2. Pro Gard

Pro Gard Gardener

Ratings:
    +6
    Can you post a pic or a link then well be able to come up with a few sudgestions.

3. Chas_Bracken Edge

Chas_Bracken Edge Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry for delay in replying.

Have found out how it is used from the local allotment - you carefully place the twqigs, branches etc around the "cone" inside and light at the bottom.

It is really simple when you see it done:scratch: I think I need brain trainer:cnfs:

Thanks for offering your help.

Chas:old: