change of plan just got 2 fish pools

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Folly Mon, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Folly Mon

Folly Mon GC Official Counselor

starting new busniss in new year
    Ratings:
    +2,409
    Change of plan yet again!!! :scratch: Thats me just bought 2 pre formed fish pools 1 large 6ft x 4ft and 1 @ 4ft x 3ft my aim is to build a water wheel in to the 1 off the side of my folly and build a fauxd strem to flow in to the other :dbgrtmb: BIG Ideas For a Novice never done or tried none of the above before :phew: As Me old Mom Allways said if you Doa Have a Gue Yall Never Know will ya me Mon :dbgrtmb: all being well going to do some work on the folly Friday weather Permitin looking today the Wishing Well i have already built over shadows the Folly i Built it haveing Never built anything before and the scale of the well is bigger then the folly :( and spoils part of the view :mad: This is all 1 big Learning Curb to me so have decided to remove the roof off the well take down a few corse of bricks and make it in to a Lilly pool rather then knock it down completley :yess: cus of the footings and the inside of the well i built out of block pavers on edge For extra strength and put a full concreet floor in it to hold the amount of water it will have my misses has got 1 of them pagolar things i think they are called with a bench in it so am going to re use the old dread naught tiles of the well to make a roof over the top of that :yess: plenty to be getting on with as of friday But again as my mom said Roam was not built in a day my Mon :loll::heehee::loll::yahoo: ile try and get some pics up the wik end of ny progress :thumb:

• Like Like x 2
    • catztail

catztail Crazy Cat Lady

soon to be bus driver
      Ratings:
      +2,250
      That's what gardening is all about......... changing your mind!!!

• Like Like x 1
      • daitheplant

daitheplant Total Gardener

Retired
        Ratings:
        +2,881
        Nick, gardening is all about learning from your mistakes and ENJOYING yourself.:D:D:dbgrtmb: Have fun with your projects.

• Like Like x 2
        • Folly Mon

Folly Mon GC Official Counselor

starting new busniss in new year
          Ratings:
          +2,409
          Had a grate day Today in the Garden apart from a few showers took the roof off the well took 4 corse off it lowerd it to create a lilly pool weather permitting going to build castle turrets in to the folly tomorrow iv got hold of a run of un/usual coping stones i bought off a church that is being demolished by me i bought 9 of them @ £6.50p each absolute bargain TO Build in to the turrets well happy thank you julie and Daitheplant for your positive comments hope for a good days weather Tomorrow will post some pics of progress :D

• ARMANDII

ARMANDII Low Flying Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
          +100,838
          Go for it, Nick! We'll all be interested to see how you get on.:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
          • JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
            +48,926
            I like your plans Nick, I'm looking forward to seeing some photos too.

• Like Like x 1