Cheap Greenhouse needed!

Discussion in 'Greenhouse Growing' started by gazzamon7, Mar 13, 2011.

1. gazzamon7

gazzamon7 Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone

obviously times are hard at the moment and i was wondering if anyone had greenhouse they either dont need anymore or have no use for.

I would really appreciate any help on this as im new to the gardening game and wuld love to have a greenhouse to really get things started.

Thanks so much for any help

Gary

2. lukenotts

lukenotts Gardener

Self Employed Landscape Gardener
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi gaz. You may be lucky and get an offer on here. Meanwhile, have you posted a request on your local freecycle? I know in our local area, a couple have been given away. Other than that, try your local newspaper or ad mag, as there are usually second hand greenhouses at very good prices.

Remember though, that anyone giving away/selling second hand greenhouses will probably expect you to dismantle it, and you will more than likely need to buy new fixings and clips, and possibly new glass for any that are broken.

Don't let this put you off though, as I'm sure you will find a bargain, and will save a packet load rather than buying new. Best of luck in finding one!

3. gazzamon7

gazzamon7 Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    H Luke, i have tried Preloved, Gumtree, looked on Freecycle but havent actually asked for one so i shall try now!

I dont mind dismantling at all if it means i save a few bob!

Thanks for getting back to me though!

Gary

4. lukenotts

lukenotts Gardener

Self Employed Landscape Gardener
    Ratings:
    +5
    Also, If you are willing to spend, say around 50 quid, then admags and local papers are the way to go, but I would stick at trying to get hold of one for free for now.

The one thing I will say is that at this time of year, It is harder to get hold of them as many people will have got the same Idea as you, thus beating off the competition will be your biggest challenge! Far easier for example, in the middle of winter.

Having said that, there will certainly be some in your local area, so dont give up. :dbgrtmb:

5. Sargan

Sargan Gardener

Ratings:
    +37
    I placed an add on Adtrader ... had a choice of several ....and it's free