1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Clematis cuttings

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by mazambo, Sep 11, 2018.

1. mazambo

mazambo Forever Learning

Ratings:
    +3,718
    Hello everyone
    My neighbour has a beautiful white clematis (name unknown) it flowers in June and the flowers must be 6" wide, it looks wonderful in bloom, she allowed me to take some cuttings and I'm really chuffed that they rooted and i have potted them on (I tried a few years ago without success) I have a couple of questions, when they have grown well do you cut off the leaves that you leave on for it to root? And what is the best place to over winter them? Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Ned

Ned Evaporated

Prime Minister
    Ratings:
    +5,404
    Well done!! The best thing to do now is just leave them alone. They will be fine in a cold greenhouse or cold frame - or even in a sheltered place outside. Keep the compost damp - not saturated, and pot them on again when the roots have filled the pots (next year)
    Even if the tops go brown and look dead during the winter months, as long as they don`t totally freeze they will send up new shoots in the spring. :)

3. mazambo

mazambo Forever Learning

Ratings:
    +3,718
    Brilliant, thanks Tetters, that's one job sorted.

• Friendly Friendly x 1