Cliveden Manor

Discussion in 'Garden Visits' started by Daisies, Oct 11, 2005.

1. Daisies

Daisies Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,686
    My personal favourite is Cliveden Manor (pronounced 'cliv'den) which is owned by the National Trust. It is a veritable cornucopia of different gardens and you really need almost a whole day to explore it.

It boasts a Chinese Water garden, a topiary garden, herb garden, bluebell wood, rhododendron valley (on the way in, not to be missed in spring) several folleys and balconies and views you wouldn't believe!

It's in Maidenhead, Berkshire.
    http://www.information-britain.co.uk/showPlace.cfm?Place_ID=1648

2. Fran

Fran Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Now that is one that I have added to my list to visit. Have you any pictures. I will add some of my own favourites so far this week-end.

Fran

3. Daisies

Daisies Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,686
    Yes I have some, albeit rather old. But not the time to scan them in just yet - will do so sometime next week, Fran - like the tape - it is coming - promise!!!! Been rather an odd couple of weeks what with one thing and another.

4. Fran

Fran Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    You too eh!. Mad couple of weeks here too - but sanity may be in te offing this weekend, and I'll share some gardens. :D