Compo parasites getting worse

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Loofah, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Loofah

Loofah Admin Staff Member

Ratings:
    +23,862
    These 'legal' companies offering no win no fee schemes that chase ambulances and give the impression it's your god given right to destroy a business over an accident etc have gotten worse.
    I've just seen an advert for a company that gives you a £1500 cash advance on the payout, ie you get money before you even start. AND an ipad!!
    WTF?!?!?! These companies should be outlawed

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Scrungee

Scrungee Well known for it

Ratings:
      +28,997
      Thanks for the tip off, off to the shops to look for somewhere slippery .........

• Funny Funny x 5
      • Madahhlia

Madahhlia Total Gardener

Ratings:
        +3,090
        Why did I think this thread was going to be about worms and maggots??

• Agree Agree x 3
        • Fat Controller

Fat Controller 'Cuddly' Scottish Admin! Staff Member

Public Transport
          At me 'puter, GCHQ Ashford Office, Middlesex
          Ratings:
          +51,883
          Them and the credit hire companies are the scourge of this country as far as I am concerned; when my Jag was hit by a van, it was collected to be taken in for repairs (back wing and wheel arch needed pulled and sprayed), because it wasn't my fault (guy reversed into the side of me) my insurer said they would arrange for a courtesy car whilst mine was off the road. Within the hour, a credit hire company was on the phone taking my details to get a hire car out to me the following day, and asked if I had any preference as to what kind of car I got - - I asked for something like a Focus, Golf etc as Little C was a toddler at the time, so we had all the usual paraphernalia to carry and the usual Citroen Saxo wouldn't quite cut the mustard.

The following day, I got a call on my mobile to get directions to my place of work as they were coming with a hire car, which turned up shortly after -- a brand spanking new Lexus IS220d.

They had my car off the road for three weeks, the whole time keeping me in this Lexus as the third party insurers were picking up the tab, which I later discovered was over £260 A DAY! The repairs to the car came in at just over grand all in, and the car hire was over three times as much.