1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Compromise, sometimes we have to.

Discussion in 'Poly-Tunnel Gardening' started by Scudo, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Scudo

Scudo Gardener

Retired layabout
    Ratings:
    +165
    The image below is my garden 5 x8 shed, I built a 6 foot corrugated clear roof so I had some shelter when raining. Last year in the remaining space I put in a small poly greenhouse, I didn’t find this suitable more nuisance than help what with wind and condensation.

So this year I have extended the roof and put some sides on it although time permitting I will add another window section.

The compromise is that I have a couple of projects still to complete in house so this structure has to be my greenhouse (or maybe a large cold frame) and also a workshop, I will probably also have to use it for short term storage, tiles/plasterboard etc.

The other walls of the `leanto` are part of a vertical slatted fence so short term maybe a couple of polythene sheets. Next year I may redo those sections and make it more wind proof and then once the home projects are finished put a door on the end.

lean.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Verdun

Verdun Passionate gardener

Ratings:
      +5,898
      Scudo, I have to say your compromise is excellent.....workshop, cold frame/gh and storage unit makes sense to me. Good thinking :)

• Agree Agree x 1
      • BeeHappy

BeeHappy Total Gardener

Mother Nature's Garden Apprentice
        Ratings:
        +6,115
        @Scudo good workspace :blue thumb: i have similar ....but now looking at the side of the Chicken coop :chicken: to add another raised overwintering area for Dahlia pots etc .....no wall space wasted with us gardeners eh ;)

• Like Like x 1