Confimation of post sent

Discussion in 'Frequently Asked Questions' started by Acorn, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Acorn

Acorn Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +10
    For many years I have been a subscriber of the form depicted in the attached screen shot and every time a post is uploaded a message appears on screen confirming it has been uploaded successfully. Sadly, because this feature does not apply to this forum I have (inadvertently on a couple of occasions ) uploaded duplicated posts. My latest duplicated post is titled "DEADED weeds" which of course should have been DREADED and despite trying to delete one of them, the "Delete" tab does not perform the action. Also, hitting the "Preview" tab does not show how the finished post appears. It will be see from the screen shot below that when uploading a post to the said form, a message appears on screen confirming it has been received ok. Would it be possible to add such a feature to this forum please? Cheers Dave.

Attached Files:

2. Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure we can change the way it is Dave :scratch:

I can see a preview of this post by using the more options and then preview buttons, but I think you mean thread titles. If you need to change the title then just give any of the staff team a shout, we've got the tools to change it :)

3. Kristen

Kristen Under gardener

Ratings:
    +12,667
    Rather than delete it there is an option (for the original thread's author only!) to change the title. Its not obvious though so I don't know how many people actually know that it is here - its in the "Thread Tools" option, top right of the message.

Personally I hate forums that still use that approach, gets in the way and slows me down. I agree that confirmation of posting is needed. When I post I then immediately see my post displayed (it happens in real time, and "within" a thread [when I am replying]), if you are not seeing that?? then perhaps something is amiss which can be adjusted in your browser or, if you are posting from a tablet/phone then perhaps it behaves differently and/or has not been tested and could be fixed?

4. Madahhlia

Madahhlia Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +3,089
    I just assumed you were a Goon Show fan.:)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
      Ratings:
      +14,123
      I sent you a PM or Conversation as it is here Dave when you asked me the other day..