Corner/Triangular greenhouses?

Discussion in 'Greenhouse Growing' started by PrideRavyn, Aug 3, 2009.

1. PrideRavyn

PrideRavyn Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Because of our oddly shaped garden I am looking for a greenhouse that will fit into an odd size corner in order to make best use of space.

Does anyone know of anyone who makes/sells these? For the life of me I can't find any, mini patio ones, square ones of every conceivable size and dimension, but no corner ones...surely someone out there makes one?? :skp:

2. Hex

Hex Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Haven`t seen any triangular greenhouses, a tetrahedron shaped greenhouse would be quite trendy :wink:
    If it`s a 60 degree corner angle, a hexagonal greenhouse should fit reasonably well albeit with a bit of a gap in the corner.

3. Loofah

Loofah Admin Staff Member

Ratings:
    +23,866
    I have a hexagonal one which is brilliant:) Have you also considered designing and building your own?

4. Hex

Hex Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    If you give us an idea of what you have to work with maybe we can come up with something.. enjoy a good challenge :wink:

5. pauly

pauly Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds like a great project, What direction does the corner face? you may loose a lot of light if your in a corner. Triangles aren't a very space efficient either, more details would be cool.

6. Loofah

Loofah Admin Staff Member

Ratings:
    +23,866
    Another thought on this - have you considered an L-shaped greenhouse for the corner?

7. Fidgetsmum

Fidgetsmum Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +865
    If you did consider designing your own, there are as I'm sure you are aware, a number of companies which supply polycarbonate suitable for greenhouses - builders' merchants (Wickes et.al) but it's not cheap and the price of the glazing bars is a killer. I'm not sure which 'type' of triangle you'd be looking to build (if you chose that route) but anything other than a right-angled triangle and you might have difficulty getting suitably angled glazing bars.