cotoneaster cornubia leaves go brown, and holes

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by michell8151, Mar 27, 2011.

1. michell8151

michell8151 Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, there, my cotoneaster cornubia shrub leaves go brown, dry and the from tips they start to form holes. Why is this? My soil is a loamy soil. I covered the shrub with mulching throughout winter and spring. Please could you help me!!!

2. Spruce

Spruce Glad to be back .....

Ratings:
    +12,352
    Hi
    It sounds that you have "fire blight" bacterial infection , if its not SEVERE only effects the leaves , no cure as in a spray.
    You need to prune out the leaves and branches and give a good tidy up on the ground re mulch with fresh compost and give a general fertiliser to give it a helping hand , dont throw any of the leaves or branches on the compost heap either burn or bin them , the hard winter hasnt helped as a lot of plants are stressed after all this long and misserable winter that has effected most of us as well .
    If you grow apples /pears it will it can effect them as well but as with all gardening if growing well and a bit of pampering through the summer all should be well
    I wish I could give you happy news

Spruce