courgettes

Discussion in 'Edible Gardening' started by lapod, Sep 22, 2007.

1. lapod

lapod Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    My courgettes are a little rotted at the flower end is there something I could have dont to stop this happening?

Thanks all, for great advice unfortunately I havent much to give.

2. Sarraceniac

Sarraceniac Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Hi Lapod. Don't worry at all about giving. They only laugh at me anyway.

I am not a vegetable gardener, but my old dad was. (And flowers and trees and anything. He was a professional). Have these been lying on the ground? I think that (especially with the wet summer) we have a little bit of wet rot. Try putting them on mats next year, just to keep them out of the damp.

I know....some smart ass veggie expert is going to come in and say....' spray them with gurtyphormaldehide chlorate.' He/she will probably be right. [​IMG]

3. Sunshine P

Sunshine P Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I dont know anything about them either but i thought i would show you the size of me dads he grows cant say that i have seen them this big before

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,804
    Hi lapod
    It is possible that it is what John has said but if they are not on the ground it could be because the flower itself rotted and started the cougette rotting. This can be a problem this time of year. Once it is late in the season I usually take the flowers off once the courgette has got about two inches long. If you have more growing then I suggest you try that.

Good luck [​IMG]