Cow Parsley

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Poppy33, Jun 6, 2006.

1. Poppy33

Poppy33 Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, does anyone know where I could obtain Plug plants or possibly seed from Cow Parsley. Are there other gardeners out there who adore this plant [​IMG]

2. Stingo

Stingo Gardener

Ratings:
    +21
    I like them in the hedgerows ;)

3. jay

jay Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Actually I considered it the other day, but I like wild carrot better. Does it (either plant) take over very quickly once established?

4. Waco

Waco Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    I got a pink thing that looks like cow parsley from a rare breed sale the other day (its not ), will post pics later if someone reminds me.

5. Poppy33

Poppy33 Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Wild carrot, never heard of that..does anyone else grow this.I would be interested in seeing ome pictures. The pink cow parsley sounds nice, please post the pictures(do you have a name for the plant) [​IMG]

6. jay

jay Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Wild carrot (queen anne's lace) looks similar to cow parsley, it's the tall thing that horses go mad for when they're walking past grass verges!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Poppy33

Poppy33 Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for photos, its lovely ,would'nt mind some of that growing in my garden. I had a horse who would dive into the hedges but I was probably to busy trying to get her head out to appreciate the beauty of the flower :D

8. jay

jay Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Yes, mine looked like a proper yokel with bunches of green stuff sticking out of his mouth too!! :D