1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Daffodil bulbs

Discussion in 'Gardening Discussions' started by luciusmaximus, Jun 18, 2018.

1. luciusmaximus

luciusmaximus Total Gardener

Lost in the Wilderness
    Ratings:
    +6,899
    I have been given approximately 30 Daffodil bulbs, no idea which variety they are but the are not Tete a Tete. Apparently they were planted in the garden, flowered in Spring and then removed with a view to storing. However, he didn't get around to the storing bit, so the bulbs have been left on the ground for a few weeks. They look ok, no signs of rot and still have leaves attached . Will they be ok for me to either put back into the ground here or store them??

2. silu

silu gardening easy...hmmm

Ratings:
    +8,083
    I'd put them back into the ground. I planted a few a couple of days ago having dug them up by accident. Daffodil bulbs are extremely obliging. I found some last winter which had fallen down the back of a storage unit. Rather than bin them I planted them at around the end of January when the ground was diggable. Yup they came up and flowered no bother a couple of weeks later than others of the same variety. As long as the bulbs are firm from my experience ( I have a huge number of Daffodils, well into the 1000s), as long as the bulbs aren't soft they will be fine planted pretty well at any time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • luciusmaximus

luciusmaximus Total Gardener

Lost in the Wilderness
      Ratings:
      +6,899
      :ThankYou:. The guy was going to throw them away, so I offered them a new home :snorky: