1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Diervilla x splendens 'diva' aka Bush Honeysuckle

Discussion in 'Trees' started by Sandy Ground, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Sandy Ground

Sandy Ground Total Gardener

Making things of note.
    Ratings:
    +5,368
    Although this is classed as a bush rather than a tree, this seemed like the most appropriate area to post.

I've been considering planting a short hedge of this particular plant. Online information seems contradictory to say the least.

So, does anyone have any knowledge of it, preferably first hand?

2. Bilbo675

Bilbo675 Total Gardener

Gardener & Plant Sales
    Ratings:
    +6,654
    I have one in my garden and it's a very easy going shrub, can be left to grow larger, just removing dead growth or as often recommended can be cut back harder in late winter.

I don't see why it can't be used as a low informal hedge as it is robust, not too fussy on soil types or pH and will grow in sun or partial shade :)

• Informative Informative x 2