diluter dilema

Discussion in 'Tropical Gardening' started by graham the gardener 1978, Mar 5, 2012.

1. graham the gardener 1978

graham the gardener 1978 i'm addicted to gardening and i love it

head gardener
    Ratings:
    +71
    i regularly feed my plants with a diluter i've looked on websites and shops, i can't find a robust unit.
    right now i'm making do with a miracalgrow diluter (picture attached) it is rubbish i have to use ptfe tape to stop it leaking and it is not feeding properly.
    i need a unit i can attach to a hoselock fitting as i use it all over the garden any advice or recommendation would be greatly welcome Pho-0363.jpg Pho-0364.jpg

2. HarryS

HarryS Eternally Optimistic Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +16,248
    I use the MG feeder for my lawn. As you say the feed bottle attachment to the gun is feeble , its not a screw action more of a cam lock action, and it keeps falling off ! In fact last year the feed bottle fell off on my lawn and the undiluted feed burnt a huge patch :gaah:If there is a better diluter , I too would be interested.

• Like Like x 1
    • Kristen

Kristen Under gardener

Ratings:
      +12,668
      I normally get my stuff like this from CityIrrigation.co.uk but I can't see one on their website.

access-irrigation.co.uk have one that looks to be the Bees Knees:
      http://shop.access-irrigation.co.uk/acatalog/Access_Dilutors.html

Given the choice I'd take the one with the Geka connectors, rather than the Hozelock ones which I find a) much less robust and b) much more restrictive of the "flow"

I did a comparison last year on 1/2" and 3/4" hose (a 50M length of 1/2" hose took 55% longer to fill a bucket [than from the tap] and 100M x 1/2" was 85% longer :frown: whereas a 100M length of 3/4" hose was only 20% longer)

Details of that test, and other stuff about Geka connectors, here:
      http://gardenerscorner.co.uk/forum/threads/geka-vs-hozelock-hose-fiittings.33636/#post-437336

• Like Like x 1
      • graham the gardener 1978

graham the gardener 1978 i'm addicted to gardening and i love it

head gardener
        Ratings:
        +71