do miracles still happen?

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by music, Oct 20, 2009.

1. music

music Memories Are Made Of This.

A Little Bit Of This And A Little Bit Of That.
    Ratings:
    +2,785
    tonights news. a woman suffering from 5 brain tumors. this poor woman had scans which showed up 5 brain tumors. she was given chemotherapy treatment to kill off the tumors. after some time having chemotherapy the doctors came to the agreement, that they would discontinue the treatment ,as it was not working and the woman would only suffer more, getting more treatment . they informed this woman of their findings. the poor woman was informed she had only 8 to 10 weeks to live!!. she was sent home devastated, as you can imagine. the brave woman started to arrange her own funeral, what music she wanted,where to be laid to rest, etc etc.
    the funny part was>she informed her husband she wanted a wicker
    casket, as she was claustrophobic!!!! poor woman.
    after a few weeks at home she found she was feeling great!
    she liked gardening. she found she was getting more strength etc.
    the woman went back to the hospital and was given another scan
    4 OF THE TUMORS HAD GONE,AND THE 5TH WAS A PIN HEAD!!.
    the news showed the two scan results.the first you could see the 5 tumors, as plain as the nose on your face.
    the second scan results showed the tumors were gone and the only thing showing was a little pin head!!!! .the news showed her in her garden hosing the slabs and the plants etc. an amazing story!!!!
    music.:gnthb::gnthb::gnthb:

2. NatalieB

NatalieB Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I didn't see the story Music - but yes, I do believe miracles do happen......how.....at whose hands.....who knows. Many a time after a large catastrophic event like an earthquake you hear of someone who simply should not have survived.....but did. There are numerous stories similar to this woman's over the years.....cures that cannot be explained by the professionals. An amazing story for the woman above that you mention :) I hope her husband didn't plan too big a party for after the funeral or anything!

3. Sussexgardener

Sussexgardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +41
    Nice story. No point in trying to explain it...

Music, why is the text in your post in several different fonts and sizes?

4. clueless1

clueless1 member... yep, that's what I am:)

Ratings:
    +19,596
    There have been a few news reports and documentaries over the years about miraculous recoveries from terminal illnesses.

I think whether you class them as miracles is entirely a matter of opinion. Some might say that doctors don't know everything. They can guess based on statistics what a prognosis is, but each person is different, and it may be that something about the individual gave them a very rare trait that saved them. Others might say it was the intervention of God or some guardian angel.

Personally, in answer to the question in your thread title, Do miracles still happen? I would say yes. The proof is everywhere we look.

5. music

Ratings:
    +2,785
    hi sussexgardener going blind!!!!:thumb:

6. Sussexgardener

Sussexgardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +41
    It looks untidy..and difficult to read, that's all.

7. music

Ratings:
    +2,785
    we have the facilities,why not use them. sorry if it looks untidy, but you will get used to it. music.:gnthb:

8. lollipop

lollipop Gardener

Ratings:
    +24
    Personally, I do not believe in miracles.

To believe in miracles requires a belief in a benevolent power who doles them out according to his/her own set of publicly available criteria. Too many people who deserve them get ignored and left to suffer in incomprehensible misery for me to believe in them. If there are miracles-at least in a religious sense, then "god" is whimsical with his power.

This woman is a wonder of the scientific community and requires further study, but no, it was not a miracle-at least in my own opinion.

9. Banana Man

Banana Man You're Growing On Me ...

SuperHero...
    Ratings:
    +407
    Post a link :gnthb:

10. lollipop

lollipop Gardener

Ratings:
    +24
    Soon as I find it Bm, been looking for ages lol.

11. Sussexgardener

Sussexgardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +41
    I have to agree there Claire, not a believer in miracles either, certainly not in the Judaeo-Christian sense anyway.

Sometimes our bodies can amaze us when all else seems lost. We also need to realise that the medical profession is far from being omniscient.

12. clueless1

clueless1 member... yep, that's what I am:)

Ratings:
    +19,596
    I agree that in the religious sense, there are no miracles. But at the same time I think it must be some sort of miracle when a collection of elements interact with energy from sunshine and turn into all manner of different living things. Science can explain some stuff, and may one day explain it all, but its still magic.

If we're talking miracles in the religious sense, where there ever any? Most religious documents date back nearly a couple of thousand years or more, have been translated and edited countless times, and were based on heresay in the first place. We all know how within the course of just a few days, or less, a story can evolve and be embellished as it gets passed on, so why should we believe that something written nearly 2000 years ago hasn't been embellished.

13. Sussexgardener

Sussexgardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +41