1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. November Photo Comp is now open with a great new theme.! Come and join in.
    Dismiss Notice

Does anyone grow HT "Nostalgia"?

Discussion in 'Roses' started by Clare G, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Clare G

Clare G Super Gardener

Ratings:
    +729
    and if so, are you pleased with it?

I came across this rose for the first time yesterday - they have a whole bed of it growing in the rose garden within Queen Mary's Gardens in Regent's Park. Incidentally, that was looking lovely despite the heat - well worth a visit: Queen Mary's Gardens

Elegantly shaped, very striking cream flowers edged with cherry red, and a decent fragrance. It looked like a good sturdy grower too. I was thinking I would like to find a spot for one here this autumn - so was wondering if anyone on here grew it, and if so what their experience of it had been.

I didn't take any photos yesterday but here's a link which includes one: Nostalgia

Many thanks in advance for your help

• Like Like x 1
    • wiseowl

wiseowl Friendly Owl Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
      Ratings:
      +54,946
      Hello @Clare G my friend yes I have spent many happy and contented hours there, its a truly wonderful place but haven't been for about 8 years,are the Delphinium borders still there,I have grown "Nostalgia" and found it to be an excellent Rose
      I have a similar Rose which is "Double Delight" and I live next door to a large Rose nursery/farm/ Rose Plants, Rose Bushes, Bare Root Roses for Sale online

Syn name 1: Nostalgie
      Year of UK Introduction:
      Bred By:
      Rosen Tantau

Nostalgia
      Capture.JPG

Double Delight
      double_delight_2_1024x1024.jpeg

• Informative Informative x 1
      • Clare G

Clare G Super Gardener

Ratings:
        +729
        Excellent! Thank you very much @wiseowl! Double Delight looks like a beauty as well.

Yes, they still have the delphiniums at Regent's Park - those were looking splendid yesterday too.

• Friendly Friendly x 1