Dog Cruelty

Discussion in 'Pets Corner' started by Kandy, Jul 26, 2006.

1. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    I have just turned on the TV and there was a report about a dog who has just been rescued from it's owners through cruelty.

The report said that the owners had chained it's back legs together to stop it scratching and also it's muzzle had a chain wrapped around it to stop it barking.

Thankfully it has now gone to a good home where it is making a good recovery.

Not sure what has happened to the owner.How about if they did the same to them

Kandyfloss

2. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    HI KANDYFLOSS yeh i have just seen that, i get upset & angry about all these cruelty cases.If people are not prepared to care for pets they should not have them.
    My life revolves around my ANIMALS&PLANTS,god help anyone who abused either.

3. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    quite agree, with you 100 per cent [​IMG]

4. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    I definetly think that it is the animals that are the intelligent ones not the owners.

We rescued our dog from neglectful owners.We had her on a weeks tria that has lasted nearly 15 years and I wouldn't change her for anything

Long live our pets...and gardens

Kandy

5. macleaf

macleaf Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    l ran a rescue centre for R.S.P.C.A for a number of years and some of the cases still live with me one man in particular came on Xmas eve to get rid of his dog because he was going away on holiday l said that we where overflowing with dogs which we always were at Amas time l asked if he could ask a neighbour to look after it to which hereplied l will just take it onto the motorway and let it loose,im afraid l thumped him one,l did take the dog and kept it with us in our own house,this was just one of the hundreds of cases,l was rather proud to say that l only put down 6 animals in over 10 years and finding good homes for over 650 animals each year,l get so angry the way animals are treated by humans.better finish as k get really het up on this subject

6. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,147
    Well done, macleaf! I would love to have an animal sanctuary but 1) my place is too small 2) I would be upset most of the time and 3) I would get too attached to them all and want to keep them all, so it's probably best on the number 1) front! :( I have also considered volunteering at one of the many animal sactuaries here but again 2) and 3) come into play! :( You may have read my recent thread called Worst Nightmare where, two weeks ago we discovered two one-day old kittens in a plastic carrier bag at the rubbish bins. We took them to a Sanctuary and they are still alive being hand-fed every 2-4 hours, along with a puppy the same age who was also found in a plastic carrier bag with his siblings (unfortunately he was the only survivor). The two cats will come to live with us when old enough. :D :D :D

7. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Macleaf,I would be the same as you.I am afraid that I would have thumped him one as well.As LOL says well done.You don't get rid of your animals no matter what age they are,or where you are going.

The saying A Dog Is For Life And Not Just for Xmas is true,but I think it can be said for all pets.

LOL Glad to hear that the kittens and puppy are doing well,and that you are going to keep the kittens.
    You have a heart of Gold

Kandy

8. macleaf

macleaf Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you both its nice to know that all humans are not the same,although at one time l preffered the company of animals rather than humans,animals demand so little but give a great deal in return,and well done to you LOL [​IMG]