Donald Trump.

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by roders, Jan 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roders

roders Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +6,925
    Not to be missed ,Piers Morgan interviews Trump on ITV 10 o’clock tonight.
    Keep an open mind...............if possible :th scifD36:.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • ARMANDII

ARMANDII Low Flying Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
      +100,834
      I saw it, roders.:snorky: With his "track record" it's hard to decide where that particular interview was orchestrated to show a more reasonable side to the Man. The problem, for me, is to get past the "I love", "they're great, really great", phrases that he churns out, and the fact that, in the interview, he said "I certainly would apologise" his posting of anti Muslim videos......but never actually apologised.:dunno::doh:
      I honestly, roders, try to be unbiased but with Trump, his boasts, his self praise, his seemingly narcissistic speeches make it difficult:wallbanging:.
      I have looked through a number of video of Trumps interviews by Journalists and News Presenters and they're "slightly different" to the Piers Morgan interview in that he show's a much more Right Wing face. So is Trump good for the USA?, is he good for war torn Middle East?, will he keep the trust of the USA's longtime friends?, can his word in agreements be trusted?...........I guess, for me, the Jury is still out.:dunno::snorky:
      Would I buy a secondhand car from him?................No!!:nonofinger::dunno::heehee:

• Agree Agree x 2
      • roders

roders Total Gardener

Ratings:
        +6,925
        That’s why we luv him so much.
        He is the elected leader of divided America ,proberbly the most powerful man in the world the like that we have never seen before.
        That’s what makes him so fascinating ,love him or hate him reluctantly we need him as a friend.

• Agree Agree x 3
        • redstar

redstar Total Gardener

Domestic Goddess
          Chester County, PA, USA, Plant zone 4 & 5
          Ratings:
          +10,386

• Funny Funny x 2
          • ARMANDII

Ratings:
            +100,834
            We could say that about some past Leaders, American and European, roders........some led their countries into isolationist periods and policies and even wars. Perhaps my problem is that I've never liked blusterers, or those that praise themselves:dunno:.............it doesn't encourage me to trust them. I guess time and history will show what effect the Trump dynasty had on the world.....so I'll keep my powder dry and hope for the best!!:coffee::snorky:

• roders

roders Total Gardener

Ratings:
            +6,925
            Aren’t we all.

• Agree Agree x 1
            • Fat Controller

Fat Controller 'Cuddly' Scottish Admin! Staff Member

Public Transport
              At me 'puter, GCHQ Ashford Office, Middlesex
              Ratings:
              +48,885
              I see Trump as a symptom, not a cure. He is a symptom in the same way that Brexit was/is. The working class people (and I class myself in that group) are utterly fed up with hollow promises, and utter tripe from politicians who only ever seem to cater for those who are better off in society. The mentality that we are not educated enough to choose what to eat or drink without their regulation, or indeed not educated enough to be able to choose the policies of our country, whilst being expected to be a considerable source of the income that actually runs the country has led to a situation where those working class people have simply had enough - - they want to push back on numerous things, and the only way that they feel they have a chance of having their views heard is to support populist/far right choices.

Somewhat ironically, those who preach tolerance and liberalism do not like this and if you do not conform to their views, you are all that is evil - - thus proving that they are not tolerant at all! All their protestations and outburst do is add fuel to the fires of those who are in disadvantaged positions, as they have been suppressed and frankly had their views all but ignored for so long that they are now of the mindset "Don't like our views? Good - F you, and the horse you rode in on!"

• Agree Agree x 2
              • Like Like x 1
              • Friendly Friendly x 1
              • pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
                Ratings:
                +84,391
                Whatever you think of Trump, I find it refreshing to have a "politician", although he aint really one, who says what he really is thinking, rather than beating around the bush, talking and saying nothing, and never putting a foot wrong.
                Sure he has said some stupid things, but at least you know what to expect and I'm willing to bet quite a lot of the ordinary people in the street think along similar lines.

• Like Like x 4
                • Agree Agree x 4
                • Fat Controller

Public Transport
                  Ratings:
                  +48,885
                  I tend to agree @pete - I am not immune from putting my foot in my mouth at times, and many people (initially at least) find me a tad 'straight' in my approach; however, I am not in the habit of leaving anyone under any illusions as to what I am thinking, and if you don't like me because of my directness.... well, tough.

I really am getting sick and tired of all these so called liberal types who have a default setting of 'offended', and expect everyone else to tolerate all sorts of different things (race, religion, sex, sexuality, gender to name but a few), whilst at the same time they will not tolerate anyone who does not understand or agree with their views on the aforementioned. Society recently, in my view, has reached a point where those liberal people are one step away from standing, screaming, complete with pitchforks - whenever someone has done or said something a tad iffy, even if it was years ago, they are out to lynch them; they will not rest until they destroy the individual and/or their character! The recent collapse of so many 'rape' cases (amongst other cases) has only demonstrated to me that we now live in an age where you are guilty until you can prove otherwise, and if you don't have sufficient funds to do so, well that is hard luck. Worse still, in those cases that are disproved, the alleged 'victim' is never named, and the costs are never reimbursed........... the ONLY winners are those paid by the law system. It is NUTS!

In the rush to stamp out intolerance and sexist behaviour (which I DO NOT condone), we are now in a position where we are persecuting innocent people without all the evidence required to do so. How TOLERANT or FAIR is that????

We are going to hell in a hand-basket.

• Agree Agree x 3
                  • Like Like x 2
                  • Friendly Friendly x 2
                  • ARMANDII

Ratings:
                    +100,834
                    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
                    • Fat Controller

Public Transport
                      Ratings:
                      +48,885
                      I am just glad that I am old enough, and in sufficiently poor health, to not feel too guilty about drinking myself to oblivion when that time comes.......

• Friendly Friendly x 4
                      • miraflores

miraflores Total Gardener

Ratings:
                        +2,389
                        I agree very much with what you say. Because of technology so ready available and exchanges of information being so immediate, people feel empowered.
                        Therefore they feel that they can change a situation and mentalities in a space of a day, just because they have the know-how on how to manouvre that information.
                        Not enough space in time is given to process, discuss, digest, approve or disapprove of something.

The result is that we feel like we are convinced about something just because the media tell us that's how it is, but -in reality- we really don't know how we got there and we have no firm basis for anything. Mentalities take hundreds of years to shift. It cannot be done so quickly!

Also, in regards to ridiculous digging up cases up to hundreds years ago, when a pat on the side meant just "hi" and now it means that you are about to be raped...I have no words! I feel 100% sympathetic with victims of real rapes of course, but at this point, also very simpatetic to men victims of stupid court cases.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
                        • JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
                          +45,648
                          I couldn't bring myself to watch that pompous idiot, pity as I don't mind Trump.

• Funny Funny x 6
                          • Like Like x 1
                          • redstar

redstar Total Gardener

Domestic Goddess
                            Chester County, PA, USA, Plant zone 4 & 5
                            Ratings:
                            +10,386
                            Yeah, the tax cuts have finally hit our wallets. my paycheck was larger. good for you my President Donald Trump. keep up the good work.

• Like Like x 2
                            • Friendly Friendly x 1
                            • Creative Creative x 1
                            • pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
                              Ratings:
                              +84,391
                              Seems Trump has now got himself in trouble tweeting about the NHS.

Somewhere he got the idea that it is not working, is in crisis and under funded.
                              Wonder where he got that information from?:biggrin:
                              Obviously fake news.

Seems it is ok for our press/media to keep bashing it, its ok for us to bash it, but not someone from outside.:biggrin:

• Like Like x 2
                              • Agree Agree x 2
                              Thread Status:
                              Not open for further replies.