Don't Throw the Baby Out With the Bath Water!

Discussion in 'Tropical Gardening' started by longk, Oct 2, 2013.

1. longk

longk Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +23,091
    Don't throw the baby out with the bath water is an apt title for this thread as that is what I almost did!
    I've grown some Canarina canariensis from seed, but the pot in the dining room soon died. Or so I thought. I emptied the pot on the rockery area by the kitchen and forgot about it until this morning when I saw this.....................
    DSC_1538.jpg

It would appear that one of the two plants in that pot had not died, just decided that the conditions that I was growing them in were too hot for it to carry on!:oopss:

Next time I'll check first rather than just chuck the contents of the pot!!

• Like Like x 6
    • PeterS

PeterS Total Gardener

Retired
      Ratings:
      +4,015
    • longk

longk Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +23,091
      Mine are a little behind yours at the moment Peter. They'll be in the g/house with a little heat this winter I'm afraid as my front room hits 25°c once I get the fire going!

I'm just building up the courage to dry out my seed grown Gloriosa lutea for their first winter rest.

• Like Like x 1