Dracaena growth

Discussion in 'NEW Gardeners !' started by wren1, Jul 18, 2015.

1. wren1

wren1 Gardener

Ratings:
    +53
    Another question...I have been given a small Dracaena which needs a bit of attention.

I've repotted it (albeit not very well, my repots always look a mess!) and trimmed the brown bits of leaves off, in the hope they will grow nice new ones.

I know to be patient with this plant. When it has grown taller I will snip off the stem so it will grow more branches upwards. However, before it gets too tall, is there a way I can train it to grow straight? It's going wonky at the mo. I did have string attached to it to pull it the right way, but it is really only one part of it that needs straightening not the whole thing.

Hope you can see that from the picture. It looks wet as I had just washed the stray compost off the pot.

Attached Files:

2. Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +53,892
    I don't think there is anything you can do wren1. If you tried to splint it the stem may snap as it's quite thick.

• Like Like x 1
      Last edited: Jul 18, 2015
    • WeeTam

WeeTam Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +5,125
      It looks like its growing towards s the light so might be worth turning it around every other day so it straighens up. Not too often though as it might get dizzy ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
      • wren1

wren1 Gardener

Ratings:
        +53
        Thanks guys. Turning it round is worth a try. :smile:

• Friendly Friendly x 1