Drip irrigation

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by CharlieTwickers, Feb 15, 2008.

1. CharlieTwickers

CharlieTwickers Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking to install a drip irrigation system on my patio for around 10 containers which - together with a tap timer - will hopefully let me off the hook for the watering chores this summer! Also I gather these systems might become exempt from future hosepipe bans. Now, I've seen various kit systems - Hozelock, Gardena, etc - but they look a bit dauntng for my taste so I'm leaning towards a pre-assembled system with pull-out microbore hoses called AquaPod (made by Hozelock I think). Has anyone got one? Anything good or bad to say about it? Claims to be up and running within 5 minutes took my eye but I need to know that it works! Thanks.

2. Lyn

Lyn Gardener

Industrial carpet machinist
    Ratings:
    +77
    I love to water the garden in the summer , I find it very relaxing.
    But then I am strange. :eek:
    I would like a dripping thingy for when I go on holiday, so would also be interested to hear what anyone might have to say about them.

3. Bluedun

Bluedun Gardener

Layabout
    Ratings:
    +37
    I put 2 drip systems in a few years back.

Its a mixture of parts but works fine. Found the Gardena timer the best so far, new batteries each year. Outside the back and the front garden pots and tubs are suplied with 22mm tube and 6mm to drippers.

Down the garden and greenhouse 22mm with 6mm tube to drippers and sprinklers that do 180�º and 360�º. These where made for Alan Titchmarsh/Metpost, but I have seen them on sale at other outlets (must have bought the liquidated stock).

Trevor