1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Following recent events, the Admin Team have a message for all members, which we hope will give some explanation and information.

We would be grateful if you could take the time to have a read. Thank you.

Click Here For More Info
    Dismiss Notice

Dropping Rose

Discussion in 'Gardening Discussions' started by Stef44, May 30, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Stef44

Stef44 Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Hi all

This is my first post on here and I wonder if you could help. I am a relatively new gardener and have never grown roses before. I planted a Lady of Shallot climbing rose about a year ago and it did well. This year it's really shot up and looked great. Small amount of black spot which I removed. It has loads of buds on it and 2 flowers appeared last week which were beautiful. However after a few days both of them have become very droopy and lifeless. The stems and leaves of the plant look fine. What am I doing wrong? Any tips on how to prevent this happening to the other 30 buds I have?

Many thanks

Stef

• Like Like x 1
    • Peter K

Peter K Gardener

Ratings:
      +106
      Dehydration can cause blooms to droop. Roses need to stay hydrated, so water them thoroughly two to four times a week. Keep the soil moist but not soggy, as overwatering also causes roses to droop.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Stef44

Stef44 Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
        +3
        Thank you Peter, I'll keep an eye on the watering level then. Much appreciated

• Like Like x 1
        • Friendly Friendly x 1
        • Gail_68

Gail_68 Guest

Ratings:
          +0
          Hello @Stef44 :sign0016: to GC nice to have you with us [​IMG]