Dwarf Patio royal burgundy cherry tree leaves

Discussion in 'Container Gardening' started by Ystalyfera, Sep 26, 2022.

1. Ystalyfera

Ystalyfera Gardener

Ratings:
    +10
    I purchased a Japanese cherry tree earlier in March which was advised could be grown in a pot.

Was approx 3ft tall and supplied in a 5 litre pot. I moved it to a larger clay pot and it flowered early summer and looked generally healthy.

I've since moved house altho it still in same sort of light. Over the summer heatwave the leaves were wilting which I thought was just an environmental condition and checked soil before watering etc. The top layer is also mulched.

The leaves seem a little sadder now again. I'm not sure if this is a seasonal thing or whether it needs some care. I think from memory I just potted it with general compost. Should I look to change this? Anything else I should consider doing?

Thanks

• Like Like x 1
    • pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
      Ratings:
      +92,075
      Its probably winding down now for winter, if the leaves are still looking green or have autumn colour starting then I wouldn't worry.

I would consider replanting in John Innes compost if you only have it in multipurpose at the moment.

• Agree Agree x 2