E-mails

Discussion in 'Computer Corner' started by Jiffy, Apr 25, 2023.

1. Jiffy

Jiffy The Match is on Fire

Pyro
    Ratings:
    +33,170
    I.ve been emailing some one which now is going around in circles and i now would like to email their boss, question is, how do i bring in the boss into the emails useing the Cc opition so that the boss can see all emails we have sent to one another??

2. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,806
    If I'm understanding you then it should be easy. If you have the full emails and replies on your latest email from them then you just reply to that email, put in the bosses email address in the 'To' line after the email address of the person you have been communicating with (just have a space between the two email addresses) or put it into the 'CC' line. Then type into the body of the email just what you want to say.

Emails can be sent to as many people as you wish by typing their addresses into the 'To' line or the 'CC' line. If you wish to send it to someone but you don't want the others that you are sending it to knowing you have sent it to this particular person you put their email into the 'BCC' line. 'CC' actually stands for 'Carbon Copy' (or just copy). 'BCC' stands for 'Blind Carbon Copy' which simply means nobody else can see it went to them.

Good luck :blue thumb:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Clueless 1 v2

Clueless 1 v2 Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +2,769
      Email etiquette is that if you bring someone in half way through a conversation, you should give a very brief summary of why you're bringing them in, and what's happened so far, so they don't have to read the whole conversation to catch up.

• Like Like x 1
      • Jiffy

Jiffy The Match is on Fire

Pyro
        Ratings:
        +33,170
        Thank you Shiney & Clueless
        As it happens i now don't need to "bring in the boss" as i found some info on Gov.uk so i copy & pasted it into the email and now they are looking into it :biggrin:
        They were faffing about and telling me it's nowt to do with them and i should email some one else but i was in the right place all the time
        Nowt quite like watch some eat their own words :heehee: :paladin:

• Like Like x 1
        • Funny Funny x 1