East facing bed.

Discussion in 'Other Plants' started by Soiled, Feb 23, 2016.

1. Soiled

Soiled Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Hi all fairly new to gardening so I need some help. The front of my house is directly facing east so Im looking for help regarding what plants, shrubs, anything with colour which will repeat each year, the boader is 2'-6" wide x 14' long, thank you for your time!

2. Beckie76

Beckie76 Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +8,435
    Hello @Soiled, :sign0016:to the forum :)

How about some delphiniums, foxgloves, hellebores, hostas, phlox & iris. You could also put some bulbs in (snowdrops, daffodils, tulips) for some Spring colour.

I shall look forward to hearing about your garden & getting to know you on the forum :dbgrtmb: in the meantime ask as many questions as you need there's lots of lovely knowledgeable people on here :dbgrtmb:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
      Ratings:
      +91,663
      Hello @Soiled my friend the sun rises in the East ,my front garden faces East ,I can recommend Roses,Cape Daisies ( Osteospermum) Hydrangea's,Sedums,Japanese Anemones(be very careful they can spread very fast)Sea Holly,to name but a few,the sun is on them all morning until early afternoon:smile:

• Like Like x 2
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
      • Soiled

Soiled Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
        +3
        Thank you both for your input much apprieciated, will look them up to see which I like best!

• Friendly Friendly x 2