Easy to grow Courgettes?

Discussion in 'Edible Gardening' started by Snowbaby, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Snowbaby

Snowbaby Gardener

Childminder
    Ratings:
    +117
    Hi guys!

I grew Courgettes last year which were very easy to grow/maintain... they did not need help to germinate. Does anyone know what type they would have been or can anyone recommend a type of courgette that grow easily like this please? Thanks!

2. Spruce

Spruce Glad to be back .....

Ratings:
    +12,352

They are all easy to grow....... , so many diffrent types some round some long some yellow it depends what you want , have a look at a seed catalouge or go on line or pop down to the gardencentre or the big DIY stores
    I plant mine In April in pots in the green house then when no more frost either in the ground or huge pots but put out in the garden for a week during the day then back in green house over night so they get used to being outdoors, you should find it easy as you grew them last year

Spruce

3. Alice

Alice Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +81
    Parthenon is self fertile, Snowbaby and quite prolific.
    I find them all easy and think Bush Baby has a better flavour than Parthenon.

4. Snowbaby

Snowbaby Gardener

Childminder
    Ratings:
    +117
    I'm sure it was Parthenon I had last year Alice! Thank you. I might try the Bush Baby upon your recommendation though.

I wasn't going to bother growing stuff this year but I really enjoyed it last year and you can't beat free & fresh veggies!!