1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Echinacea Seedlingsi

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Freddy, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Freddy

Freddy Miserable git, well known for it

Retired - yay!
    Ratings:
    +12,508
    Hiya chums.
    I sowed some Echinacea seed in the greenhouse around three weeks ago and they’re up. Looking ahead, I’m wondering how best to overwinter them? My inclination is to pot them up in a couple of weeks and keep them in the greenhouse until next spring, only adding (some) heat if penetrating frost is forecast. Any thoughts?

Cheers...Freddy

2. Verdun

Verdun Passionate gardener

Ratings:
    +17,487
    Morning Freddie :)
    If they are tiny plants ...."they are up".....keep them as they are. I usually sow echinacea seeds earlier than this and they are then potted up in September and kept in a cool, unheated gh on the dry side over winter. Some fleece to hand if temps plummet. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Freddy

Freddy Miserable git, well known for it

Retired - yay!
      Ratings:
      +12,508
      Thanks matey :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1