Electric dehumidifier

Discussion in 'Tools And Equipment' started by Scrungee, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Scrungee

Scrungee Well known for it

Ratings:
    +28,996
    You may be wondering what has one of these got to do with gardening.

I have a 1.2 x 900mm growbox in my study with heated propagators under T5 lights, plus during peak propagation periods a further 3 heated propagators under LED lights, and the room suffers from condensation as a result.

I've just been given (free is my favourite price) an unbranded electric dehumidifier without any instructions. It appears to have a mesh filter that pulls out for cleaning and a reservoir to collect condensate for removal before it goes over the max line.

Is that all there is to them?

2. WeeTam

WeeTam Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +5,078
    Thats basically it. Mine takes in the moisture, has 2 fan speeds and a drawer that pulls out holding the water. Mine came from Screwfix works well.

• Like Like x 1
    • Scrungee

Scrungee Well known for it

Ratings:
      +28,996
      Thanks, hope it can cope with the gallon of water a day that goes on my plants in Feb/Mar when I don't want windows open to ventilate.

I assume the condensate can be poured into a water can for reuse?

• Like Like x 1
      • WeeTam

WeeTam Total Gardener

Ratings:
        +5,078
        I do that,hasnt done any harm,but to be mega safe maybe worth putting a drollet of bleach in the water before giving it to pkants to stop any botrytis etc spreading ? Ive nevre bothered myself but maybe that would be best practice?

• Useful Useful x 1