Erecting screening to existing fence?

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by keithhampson, Feb 24, 2013.

1. keithhampson

keithhampson Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Hi I am wanting to put up some 6 feet bamboo screening against next doors fence. They are fine with it but my question is how do I fix it to the fence?

Keith

2. "M"

"M" Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +31,885
    Good question!
    No idea what the "proper" way is, but I attached screening using plastic ties :heehee:

• Like Like x 1
    • Spruce

Spruce Glad to be back .....

Ratings:
      +12,352
      Hi

A heavy duty staple gun is really good about £15.00 to buy new or you could try ebay

Just so you know , bamboo only last a couple of years as it starts to rot really quickly ok as a quick fix if you are growing a new hedge and this helps with filtering the wind while it gets established .

Spruce

• Informative Informative x 1
      • Scrungee

Scrungee Well known for it

Ratings:
        +28,997
        It will sag in between fixings unless cramped to the existing fence with horizontal battens with close fixings.

• Informative Informative x 1
        • Cacadores

Cacadores ember

Ratings:
          +250
          Battens work. Or if the fence supports are your side you could drill holes parallel to the fence through the supports and thread nylon string through to tie the bamboo with. To stop it sagging, you could thread plastic-coated wire behind the bamboo and then through the holes, leaving enough to twist so you get some tension. Plastic-coated wire comes in all colours.

Othewise just fix it to the fence with some shallow U-shaped, or 'dog'-nails[​IMG]
          [​IMG]