Feeling much better now!

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Lorna, Oct 1, 2011.

1. Lorna

Lorna Gardener

Ratings:
    +49
    You may remember my tale of woe and rabbits a couple of weeks ago. Well, I've just completed a painstaking hand weed of my new big flower bed, the one that the rabbits laid waste to. I was very heartened to find that, with one exception, all the plants that were nibbled away to almost nothing are regenerating at amazing speed, and some are even trying to flower. It doesn't hurt that we've had Jester and Tilly, my daughter's ace rabbiting dogs, in residence for a couple of weeks, either. :doggysmooze: At the start of their stay Jester the lurcher couldn't wait to get out at the rabbits every morning and shot off like the canine rocket he is. For the last few days he's just put his nose out, sniffed, and gone back to lie on his bed (appropriated from our Bernese for the duration of his stay). Kind of suggests the rabbits have gone away, at least temporarily.
    So thank you all again for your messages of support and commiseration - they helped! :thankyou:
    I've written off the veg, though!

• Like Like x 2
    • ARMANDII

ARMANDII Low Flying Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
      +100,838
      Glad to hear it's working out. Obviously the Rabbits have decided to give your place a wide berth while the dogs are there.:doggysmooze::doggysmooze::heehee:

• Genie2312

Genie2312 Gardener

Vet Receptionist
      Ratings:
      +18
      so sorry to hear the rabbits destroyed your flowers :( (not that it's their fault....they have to eat too....must have thought they had hit the jackpot :) ) i'm living in the bubble that they all decided to go live somewhere else once the dogs moved in.....without any of them being hurt :( ....... job well done :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1