feeling smug!

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by windy miller, Jul 2, 2006.

1. windy miller

windy miller Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Well! On probably the hottest day of the year so far, I've been a very busy girl. The new border (50ft x 7ft) is almost finished, with just a bit of digging left to do and the edgings to put in. The new compost bin (the Dalek) is installed in its home following all the instructions I've gleaned off GC (thanx all). But best of all, my initiation into the gardening fraternity must be almost finished as I've developed a 'gardeners tan' - back of neck and forearms 3 shades darker than the rest of me. Surely the only thing left for me to do before I can call myself a gardener is to pee in my compost heap ( a la Bananaman!)
    Kids get the stepladder :D :D :D :D

2. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,486
    Well, what can one say, Windy ??? I don't work in the sun, certainly not over 28oC / 82oF. I think you've got sunstroke and need to sit in a cool spot and have a nice relaxing drink !!!

3. windy miller

windy miller Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanx L.O.L!
    I'm having a Stella, would you care to join me in a cyber drink? ;)

4. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +92,641
    I've been on Grolsch all day, its too hot to work in the garden, and its on offer at morrisons 40 bottles for �£16.
    :D :D

5. windy miller

windy miller Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    After reading your post Pete I felt obliged to partake of another alcoholic beverage ;) Must say I'm impressed with your typing skills, after 40 bottles I'd never manage it :D :D
    So heres to me, and heres to you and may everything in the garden be rosy ;)

6. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +92,641
    I've not drunk all of them, I've got a couple left over for tomorrow.
    CHEERS :D

7. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Retired teacher and gardener
    Ratings:
    +172
    We've had thunder and lightning, and torrential rain up here - and as for drinks - well, we had a late-night party last night, and are all a bit fragile! Gardening???? You ahve to be kidding! Not today!

8. windy miller

windy miller Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Boy am I paying for it today!!
    My hands are sore, my backs aching and I have a really busy day at work to look forward to :rolleyes: But time is at a premium, so the garden has to be done when I can, whatever the weather. But when I look out and see what I am accomplishing, it makes it all worth it. This time next year I should be able to potter about and sit and enjoy. Hopefully :D :D

9. steveb1973

steveb1973 Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    thought you'd be drinking SCRUMPY down there in cornwall Windy????...surely scrumpy pee would be better for the compost than the chemicals in Stella Tortoise !!!!!!

10. windy miller

windy miller Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hiya Steveb,
    Unfortunately you can't get proper scrumpy any more. Thanks to the EU (grrr) who seem to think we can no longer think for ourselves.(Don't get me started!) You used to be able to buy it by the gallon in any containers you happened to have knocking around. We'd go along to a farm on a moped, loaded down with old bottles and select which one we wanted from huge drums in the yard. Always get a taster of each. It'd be thick, cloudy and with UFO's (unidentified floating objects)We used to call it screech - coz that's what you'd do when you had your first mouthful :D Eeh, them were the days...
    Nowadays the masochist in me likes the chemical induced headache that Stella gives me :D :D