Fellow back pain suffer's :)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by takemore02withit, Feb 3, 2010.

1. takemore02withit

takemore02withit Gardener

Ratings:
    +40
    I thought I would just share with people like myself who have long term back problems. I have two prolapsed discs that have caused me increasing pain and misery over the years. Like a dummy, I have been back and forth to the doctors and accepted the usual painkillers that help at the time but only for a short while. I have times where i can barely get out of bed in the morning and have endless sleepless nights................. To cut a long story short. I decided my quality of life was getting rather grim so decided to take the bull by the horns and tell my Doc id had enough........ Last Sunday I had an epidural at the hospital Where they injected my spine with pain killers. The thought of it petrified me I wont beat around the bush but decided to take the better of two evils............. WELL!! it has worked, for how long even the Docs dont know but I am enjoying being mobile again. Apparentley it dosnt work for everybody but Im damn glad I did it. If anyone wants to know more I am more than happy to chat. Only back pain suffers will understand how over the moon i am with the relief.

2. JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
    +48,979
    That's a big step O2, fingers crossed for you and hoping it will work in the long run.

3. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Retired-got my bus pass and loving it!
    Ratings:
    +705
    Hi O2,
    I am sorry to hear you have been suffering so much back pain from your condition but pleased you have had an epidural to help relieve the pain.
    My mum in law had an epe-idural for back/leg pain due to severe sciatica and hip and knee replacements and she is now awaiting another epidural as it is the onlt thing that controls her pain now.

She raved about the first one O2, it gave her almost total pain relief but it has worn off in time but hopefully she can soon have the next one.

Back pain is so immobilising- I am glad you can maybe do a bit more now, especially with Spring on its way :)

4. RandyRos

RandyRos Gardener

Ratings:
    +404
    o2, my bro in law and dad in law have the same as you. both are on morphine. FIL is waiting till he hits 70, when the vertibre shud fuse or summat, stopping the disk slipping. BIL is probably looking at an op with a 50/50 chance of putting him in a wheelchair permanently.

i also get back pain once a month or so, sciatica, caused by my eldest baby laying on and damaging pelvic nerves, which will never heal. but at least its not all the time
    glad to hear you're feeling much better from the treatment, i hope it lasts a long time x

5. loopy lou

loopy lou Gardener

Ratings:
    +34
    i too have had a back problem and the pain is very debilitating - i had steroid injections which worked so i know where you are coming from - that wonderful feeling of being pain free. i am so glad you have this great success

Loopy

6. has bean counter

has bean counter Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    O2,
    Hope this is a start to a longer term improvement.

7. takemore02withit

Ratings:
    +40
    Thank you everyone for your kind support.:D

I next go to see my consultant in July, so am hoping to be able to give him good news.:thmb: 02

8. takemore02withit

Ratings:
    +40
    Thank you Kathy, I really appreciate it.:flwsml: 02

9. Larkshall

Larkshall Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    I've suffered a bit of backache during the Winter and having seen that Aldi's had some back support belts in I bought one. The effect was remarkable, I could bend down and lift things without any pain. I went back and bought a second one.

10. JWK

Ratings:
    +48,979
    Good idea Larkshall, I did my back in a couple of weekends ago lifting some bricks, usually it wears off after a day or so but not this time.

11. miraflores

miraflores Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,389
  12. bi9johnny

bi9johnny Gardener

Ratings:
    +7
    i have had my recent bout of sciatica for over a week now and it is realy getting me down have even started wondering if it has anything to do with the style of shoes i wear so just spent a fortune in clark's.....think i might have trapped a nerve in the greenhouse the other day but my other hobby is riding my harley davidson and i simply could not get on it at this time
    my heart goes out to anyone with this horrible ailment

13. strongylodon

strongylodon Old Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +29,477
    02, Lets hope the future is better than the past and you really feel a positive improvement.

14. JWK

Ratings:
    +48,979
    Larkshall, I bought one of those back supports from Aldi on the way home from work. I'm wearing it now, not sure if its psychological but my back feels a bit better already :)

15. Larkshall

Larkshall Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    I'm sure you will find it a great benefit. Just one thing, don't let it ride up, I did yesterday and my lower rib got very sore. Made sure it is well down today and no problem.