Fighting camera software

Discussion in 'Photography Talk' started by rosa, Jun 17, 2007.

1. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    When i bought my sony i uploaded the cd for my photos everything was great then when i bought the fuji and uploaded there cd, everytime i upload pics both software comes up and they fight.
    the fuji software is the worst i have an awful bother getting it off the screen a box persistantly keeps coming up this programme is not responding.
    what i would like to know iff i delete the fuji software and just keep the sony software when i use my fuji and upload pics will my pics still come up on my sony upload software.
    its driving me nuts everytime

2. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Rosa,Mr Kandy says you need to get rid of one lot of Software that is why they are fighting each other.You need to unistall one of the programmes to leave the one you want,hopefully then that will sort out the problem.Good Luck :cool:

3. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    thanks kandy and mr kandy so iff i get rid of the fuji software, my fuji will still upload off the sony camera software

4. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Rosa, Mr Kandy says that you need to unistall the fuji sotware if that is the one that you want to get rid of.Can you explain the last bit about uploading off the Sony Camera Software

5. Dorsetmike

Dorsetmike Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Rosa, does your PC have a card reader? If so then it can be a better way of uploading, just remove the card from whichever camera, plug it in to the relevant slot in the card reader and copy the pic files to your PC.
    If you don't have a card reader fitted you can buy small card readers which plug into a USB port.

see here

Once you have copied the pics to your PC you can use whichever software you want.

6. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    hi mike will just answer kandy and come back to yours.
    kandy iff i uninstall the fuji software can i upload pics from the sony software that comes up basically i use 2 cameras can i upload them both off the sony software i have installed.

dorsetmike just looked and it looks like i have 2 small slots i guess they are for the picture cards you know i have never noticed them before, there is 4 slots on my pc 2 smaller ones and 2 larger slots is that what they are

7. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    Dorsetmike i have a fuji digital memory card, xd picture card 2gb

8. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Rosa,Mr Kandy says the only way to find out is to try it.We couldn't use the software that I had with my Kodak Easyshare,Mr Kandy said it was rubbish as all it wanted to do was connect us up to the Internet which we didn't want to do.We used the Fugi Software as we bought the two camera's together and had no problems.

Perhaps Dorsetmike may be able to help you or anyone else who pops along [​IMG]

9. Hyla arborea

Hyla arborea Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Totally agree about Kodak Easyshare - it tried to hijack every photo file I had, and kept asking me to buy things... and I'd only installed it so's my son-in-law could download his pix to make room for more. I dumped it in disgust in the end!

To be honest, I use Adobe Photoshop for just about everything to do with pictures. Camera manufacturers all seem to have the idea that you are both ignorant and incompetent so you need them to tell you what folders to put things in etc..

I think the secret, as Mr. Kandy says, is to try both of them out and see which one seems the more "user-friendly" and stick with that. You can maybe even download a trial version of Photoshop and play around with that, too. Good hunting!

10. Dorsetmike

Dorsetmike Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I avoid Adobe like the plague, their products are at least twice the cost in UK as they are in the USA. They are not the only company to do this, Microsoft are more or less the same. In both cases it is the same product in USA and UK so they don't have to produce a separate language version like they do for the rest of Europe.

Where possible I use free downloads, like Picasa and the Gimp. Picasa can be set to check when cards are plugged in and automatically upload the files, so who needs the camera makers software.

11. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    I have uninstalled fuji software so the next time i upload pics with the fuji will soon find out iff sony software will upload them

12. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +91,679
    I might be a bit basic but I just use microsoft to up load pics, I shove my memory card in the slot, it asks where I want them put and it does it.
    I have never used either sony or nikon discs that I have and cant see the point in doing so.
    Someone lent me a disc with some photos on it a while back and I ended up with a jessops programme on my PC, I got shot of that straight away.

13. Dorsetmike

Dorsetmike Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Same here Pete, Windoze explorer does it for me.
    I run Windoze 2000, like to have a bit of control over what happens, I've even trained it not to try to put everything in My documents, My Pictures etc.
    I keep all my data, pics etc on a separate drive, and the important bits copied from there to a third drive for back up then periodically dump the lot to CD.

14. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    just to let you know i hooked the fuji up to my pc and it came up new hardware found then the sony uploader came up, i ok it and the pictures went in there, but now it looks like this is going to keep coming up everytime i connect the fuji.
    I need the sony software and its great so just hoping this stops when i connect my fuji

15. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +91,679
    Rosa, I'm not a great computer whiz, but if you dont have a card reader, I would say, get one and dump all the programmes.