Finally some space...

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Liz, Jun 19, 2006.

1. Liz

Liz Gardener

Ratings:
    +65
    Our village fete was on Saturday so all my trays of Verbena bonariensis, Amaranthus, Foxgloves, Mesembryanthemums and trailing Petunias have gone. At long last I've got room to start some other things, and don't have quite so much to water!
    I was surprised that all the verbena went really quickly, but the mesems. were slow.
    I bought some plants as well, a hardy geranium with white/purple veined flowers, some orange montbretia and a little bay cutting.

2. frogesque

frogesque Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Well done Liz! Mesembryanthemums seem to be out of fashion at the moment. Very few for sale a GCs etc. I love them though. Mixed in with other bedding in a sunny location and they are really striking when the sun comes out to play but you do need other interest for dull days.

Verbena bonariensis are great for attracting butterflys!

3. jay

jay Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Nice work Liz! :D
    I bought a nice red Montbretia at the boot yesterday too! Also a nice pink hebe and another pink thing I forget the name of.... :-/

4. Waco

Waco Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Take care with the orange montbretia, they can sometimes take off in a very ramapnt way.