floppy arum lily.

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by talia, Jun 16, 2014.

1. talia

talia Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everybody.
    New to this group and hope some of you might be able to help me with my arum lily .

its been in the same situation since 2006. It's always grown and flowered beautifully. However for the last two years it's flopped over as soon as it's flowered.

Could anyone tell me why it's doing this and if there's anything I can do to stop it?

Many thanks in advance.

2. Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +53,886
    Welcome to GC talia. :) Have you fed it at all since it was planted? It's also very dry at the moment it could be lack of water.

3. talia

talia Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, Thank you.
    It gets watered regularly and it's in a spot where is shaded at the hottest part of the day. The ground is also covered in pebbles, so it's a moist spot.

Ive Actually never fed it!! What would you recommend?

Thanks again.

4. "M"

"M" Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +31,885
    Hmm, I've never had that problem in my garden - they flourish! Maybe move them to a sunnier spot? :scratch: Mine are in full sun for most of the day and are growing like weeds :redface: (I have heavy clay: so, it gets sodden in winter, and then baked in summer - but, I do mulch when possible).

Never "fed" mine per se, but I suppose mulching with home grown compost has given them a bit of a boost?

5. Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +53,886
    If you don't want to move them like "M" has suggested try putting some blood, fish and bone around them and water in gently. :)

• Agree Agree x 1