Flymo Easistore lawnmower and stripes

Discussion in 'Gardening Discussions' started by Carrie Carroll, Apr 20, 2024.

1. Carrie Carroll

Carrie Carroll Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Hello team

Does anybody have the Flymo EasiStore lawnmower (or any other mower with a roller) and do you know if it's possible to avoid stripes when using it please? It seems to have an integrated roller attached - so I'm assuming this can't be removed. But if I want to avoid stripes, is this possible?

Kindest regards

Carrie

Last edited: Apr 20, 2024
  2. wiseowl

wiseowl FRIENDLY ADMIN Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +90,893
    Good evening @Carrie Carroll I have a Flymo EasiStore 340R Electric Rotary Lawn Mower which I have used 3 times and I am quite happy with it ,I have never tried to get stripes in my 3 lawns ,if I wanted stripes I would mow one way and then mow the other way on the way back,the roller isn't supposed to be removed but to be honest if you mow all the same way you won't get any stripes hope this helps (because reading it back I'm not sure I understand what I have just said);):heehee: So the answer to your question is yes you can avoid stripes when using a mower with a integrated roller:smile:

P1350420.JPG

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • NigelJ

NigelJ Total Gardener

Mad Scientist
      Ratings:
      +22,000
      Much to my father's irritation I avoided stripes in the front lawn, in the 70s, by going in a spiral to the centre; the next time I cut in triangles, then squares. Needless to say my father wasn't happy, but he never did it himself.

• Funny Funny x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Carrie Carroll

Carrie Carroll Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
        +15
        Brilliant. Thank you Wiseowl and NigelJ! I've just realised, thinking about it, I pull the mower backwards on the return journey so I think the roller might cause a problem there, flattening the grass so it isn't cut properly! So I guess it could take longer to mow with a roller...

I like the review for the EasiStore but am wondering whether to go for the Simplimow without the roller. Though that doesn't seem to do as well in the reviews.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2024