Free entry to RSPB reserves with Waitrose card

Discussion in 'Wildlife Corner' started by Scrungee, May 14, 2015.

1. Scrungee

Scrungee Well known for it

Ratings:
    +28,997
    16 May - 28 June 2015 inclusive

http://www.rspb.org.uk/discoverande...ntry-into-rspb-reserves-with-waitrose-2206120

This will save me up to £4 at The Arne reserve near Wareham, Dorset if I call in from my way back from fishing at Chesil Beach.

Details from link above:

"One myWaitrose Card allows entry for up to two adults and three children under 16. Your myWaitrose card must be shown on entry to reserves that charge for entry or left on the vehicle dashboard in car parks that have a parking charge to claim this offer. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with other reduced or free entry or car parking offers relating to RSPB nature reserves. This offer applies to entrance and car park charges only, there may be additional charges for reserve events, equipment hire and transport subsidies where applicable. Please check the reserve website before you visit. Please note, reserves that are managed in partnership may have a car park that is under the control of the partner and not the RSPB and so is exempt from this offer.

Eastern England: Minsmere, Titchwell Marsh, The Lodge, Lakenheath Fen, Strumpshaw Fen, Rye Meads

South East England: Rainham Marshes, Pulborough Brooks, Dungeness

South West England: Arne

Midlands: Coombes Valley

Northern England: Leighton Moss, Saltholme, Old Moor, Fairburn Ings, Bempton Cliffs, Burton Mere, Blacktoft Sands

Wales: Conwy, Ramsey Island (landing only), Ynys-Hir

Scotland: Loch Leven, Lochwinnoch, Loch Garten"

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Trunky

Trunky ...who nose about gardening

Professional Gardener (retired)
      Ratings:
      +10,741
      :dbgrtmb: Thanks for that Scrungee, didn't know about that. Mrs Trunky has a myWaitrose card, so we'll definitely be having a look round one or two of the reserves in our area over the next few weeks.

• Like Like x 1
      • Scrungee

Scrungee Well known for it

Ratings:
        +28,997
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Trunky

Trunky ...who nose about gardening

Professional Gardener (retired)
          Ratings:
          +10,741
          We were thinking of having a look round Strumpshaw Fen too Scrungee, never been there before and it's only about an hour's drive away for us.

Minsmere is our nearest reserve, it's always well worth visiting, but with BBC Springwatch being broadcast from there later this month, there will probably be hordes of people there while the offer is on. :th scifD36:

• Like Like x 1
          • strongylodon

strongylodon Old Member

Retired
            Ratings:
            +29,677
            Helpful for non members:dbgrtmb:.
            I am only 10 minutes from Arne although being a RSPB member I mostly go on my bike. They are going to convert the old Toy Museum there into a new visitor Centre.
            Lodmoor and Radipole reserves in Weymouth are free.