Freebies Cerinthe purpurascens seed

Discussion in 'Swaps/Freebies' started by Sarraceniac, Sep 3, 2007.

1. Sarraceniac

Sarraceniac Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    'This beautiful hardy annual has become very much in vogue in recent years. It has oval, fleshy blue-green leaves, mottled with white, and rich purple-blue, tubular flowers held inside sea blue bracts. Bees love it and can be seen buzzing around the plants in summer. For early blooms, sow in pots indoors in early spring. Alternatively sow outdoors in April. Once introduced into the garden, self-sown seedlings will mean that it rarely disappears.'

The above is from the BBC gardening site. Mine have just set seed. If you want some just PM me your address and send �£25 to cover P&P. Oh. The Boss lady has just said that I should cover that. So they are free. I will try to send at least 12 seeds per person and their germination rate is good. Height about 15 in. spread about 24 in. They are fantastic either as a feature or a clump for ground cover. Don't plant until spring.

[​IMG]