Freedom of the Photographer

Discussion in 'Photography Talk' started by wiseowl, Feb 26, 2010.

1. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,657
    I have a meeting with our local Chief Constable next week to see how we stand here in the Medway Towns.:)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

[​IMG]

2. PeterS

PeterS Total Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +4,015
    I had not heard of that Woo. Thats disgraceful.

I only wish the police and justice system would spent as much time chasing criminals as they spend chasing the victims of crime and innocent bystanders. But then in fairness to them, they may be trying to protect themselves because if they are seen speaking sternly to a criminal they themselves can be sued.

I think Law and Order has got into a terrible mess. I am still waiting for someone to elect a Common Sense party to power.

3. Steve R

Steve R Soil Furtler

Carer
    Ratings:
    +3,702
    Maybe send this link to him before you go speak to him so he has time to view it...or if possible...view it together with him...http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/video/2010/feb/21/police-arrest-photographer then ask his thoughts on it?

A question I would dealrly like answered is "With the proliferation of camera phones on the market, why is it always DSLR camera users that are stopped and asked for details under the terrorism act? Do terrorists not use mobile phones, but prefer to use big cameras, lens and tripods...you know..really draw attention to themselves?

Steve...:)