front garden project

Discussion in 'Garden Projects and DIY' started by Newey, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Newey

Newey Apprentice Gardener

Warehousing
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi all just wanted to put some photos of my work in the front garden:thumbsup: I have'nt had much gardening experience so just learning as i go along really and hoping for the best :dunno:

Attached Files:

2. Newey

Warehousing
    Ratings:
    +6
    Tried to add the next photos on to last post but couldn't so here they are

Attached Files:

3. Newey

Warehousing
    Ratings:
    +6
    just a quick message as id like a bit of advice as to which paint would be suitable to use on my fence and shed?:scratch:As you can see its cresote on the fence and a dark brown on the shed and would like to inject some colour into the front garden and have been looking at the cuprinol shades range but only thing is it seems to be very thin paint and am concerned it wont cover very well,any suggestions please:)

Attached Files:

4. EddieJ

EddieJ gardener & Sculptor

Oak timber framer
    Ratings:
    +1,089
    That is pretty much how all of us carry on. :)

At least you now have a nice clean blank canvas to work from. Books, the Internet, and open garden schemes are sure to give you ideas and inspiration. Keep up the good work. :)

Edit. In respect of the fence, I can't offer advice about the painting, but you could break up the plainness of it by adding additional timber to the sides. You may even be able to paint the additional timber to give you the contrast that you are after. Old pallets or tile batten should give you decent start for wood, which you could then use as false slats or even trellis.

5. Newey

Warehousing
    Ratings:
    +6
    I put down a heavy duty membrane in the front garden before i put down the gravel hoping that the weeds would not work there way through it but several months on they have and am having to still pull weeds up but have been round with the weedol but overall am not impressed with the membrane i brought from wickes :scratch: