1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Frost or black spot?

Discussion in 'Roses' started by Snorky85, May 11, 2017.

1. Snorky85

Snorky85 Total Gardener

Accountant
    Ratings:
    +10,971
    really hoping this is just the frpst a few nights ago but wary of black spot. Had ot bad last year and cut everything back til it was gone and have been very careful so far this year....have sprayed twice already for prevention. Any ideas?

Really thinking its just frost but looking for reassurance I guess

Argh just noticed loads of greenflys in that pic too!!! image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

2. wiseowl

wiseowl FRIENDLY ADMIN Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +89,869
    Good afternoon @Snorky85 my friend it looks alright for the moment ,but to be on the safe side carefully remove the infected leaves and dispose of them ,,put them in a bag and put them out with the rubbish not on the compost heap,please if there are any leaves that have fallen on the ground remove them as well as the spores can lay in the soil,which usually happens over the winter,but it looks good to me(prevention is better than cure);)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Verdun

Verdun Passionate gardener

Ratings:
      +17,487
      Think there is a touch of black spot.....agree totally with wise owl's advice

• Like Like x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
      • Snorky85

Snorky85 Total Gardener

Accountant
        Ratings:
        +10,971
        Thanks both, i'll get out there are get sorting them. Last year they were horrific but Id only just moved in-determined to make them better this year :)