Frosts forecast

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Steve R, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Steve R

Steve R Soil Furtler

Carer
    Ratings:
    +3,702
    We had a slight frost last night, and a sharper one forecast for tonight and tomorrow up here in The Lake District, check your forecast and get ready with the fleece...

Steve...:)

• Like Like x 3
    • Scrungee

Scrungee Well known for it

Ratings:
      +28,997
      The worst is forecast for Sunday night, 0 °C in the nearest town, so it'll be -3 or -4 °C at my plot. I just suspect the Met Office might suddenly revise tonight's forecast down a few degrees at about 4:00 am in the morning in line with actual temperatures like they seem to do a lot these days, and that few degrees can make a lot of difference.

• raebhoop

raebhoop Gardener

Retired
      Ratings:
      +167
      Had to scrape the car windscreen this morning...I've protected one or two delicate plants for the next few days.

• Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +53,889
      Think I'll walk my seedlings back indoors from my cold greenhouse, for the second time over the past couple of weeks.

• Like Like x 1
      • Lolimac

Lolimac Guest

Ratings:
        +0
        I've turned the bench up in the GH and wrapped the 'kids' up....i'll chuck a bit of something over my spuds to be on the safe side:dbgrtmb: ...

• Kristen

Kristen Under gardener

Ratings:
        +12,668
        We had -4C on 5th, and most mornings there has been hoar frost. My Metoffice forecast has been no use, typically we are several degrees warmer during the day, and colder at night (and that's using the extreme end of their new "Max, Likely and Min" forecasts) :(