Fungus Clear Ultra 2 - is this spray safe once it's dried on the plants?

Discussion in 'Pests, Diseases and Cures' started by TheMadHedger, Jun 23, 2024.

1. TheMadHedger

TheMadHedger Gardener

Ratings:
    +244
    As it's a systemic fungicide and I have dogs (and of course assorted wildlife) is this stuff harmless (to being touched) once it's dried?

I need to treat black spot on two roses and I know about the usual precautions (don't inhale it or get it on the skin, in the eyes, etc) but I want to be sure that it's okay when it's dried. If so I can keep the dogs out of the area for a few hours until dry.

Also, as it's systemic I assume that if any part of the sprayed plant is ingested then that too would be toxic to whatever ate it? Not that any large animals are likely to eat rose leaves of course.

This is the spray:

Fungus Clear® Ultra 2

2. ricky101

ricky101 Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +4,251
    Would be best to contact the maker, details on the bottle or on the link below, and ask them re the safety for animals when wet and then dry.

Best to remove and bin, not compost, any obviously infected leaves so you are only spraying leaves that look ok.
    Also pick up and discard any leaves that have already dropped onto the ground as they can reinfect the plant/s this and even next year, so they say.

FungusClear® Ultra 2

• Like Like x 1
    • infradig

infradig Gardener

Freelance self preservationist
      Ratings:
      +1,043
      Active ingredient is sulphur, naturally occuring in soil. Could be toxic in sufficient quantities but very unlikely to be attractive to animals once applied. The greatest risk likely to be the container which a dog may see as a toy. The standard advice "keep away from children and animals" is the most profound you are ever likely to encounter!!

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
        Ratings:
        +88,990
        Not something I would bother about, let it dry yes, and keep animals away while you are spraying.

• Like Like x 1
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • TheMadHedger

TheMadHedger Gardener

Ratings:
          +244
          Thanks all. I certainly wouldn't leave the container in a place that the dogs could get to it.

• Like Like x 1