Fuschia problems :(

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Pernalla, May 18, 2008.

1. Pernalla

Pernalla Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all

I've got a problem with some fuchsias I wonder if someone can help me with?
    I was given some small plants, different varieties, which I put into a small pvc greenhouse for a couple of days. Unfortunately, one of the days in question was extremely hot and the plants on the top shelf (and nearest to the plastic) have been frazzled. The leaves are now dry and crispy and the stems also see very dry as well.

Is there anything I can do to help them? They've since been out and have had plenty of water and rain but don't look any 'different' as yet. I don't want to ruin them any further by doing the wrong thing! Should I remove the leaves that are dry? Can't see any new growth or anything as yet.

Excuse my ignorance with this, I'm quite new to this part of gardening and learning all the time! :o

These have sentimental value because of the varieties they are and I would hate to lose them! :(

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Freddy

Freddy Miserable git, well known for it

Retired - yay!
    Ratings:
    +12,517
    Hi Pernalla and welcome to GC. It doesn`t sound promising I`m afraid. I`d say that best you can do is out them somewhere sheltered and only water if it`s dry, and hope for the best. Cheers...freddy.

3. Pernalla

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Freddy. I'll do as you say, keep an eye on them and hope for the best!
    If it fails, the person who gave me them does have another of each so I can have them hopefully.

Thanks again

4. gingernutsman

gingernutsman Gardener

Ratings:
    +4
    If you snip off a small part of a stem, take a look at the cut and if it's brown its dead, if it is greenish there's hope.
    G.man

5. Pernalla

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks g.man, will check it out, fingers crossed!

P